I love Cupcakes

I love Cupcakes

Montag, 17. September 2018

Vegetarian Baked Sweet Potato with Peas, Mint and Feta Cheese

According to my term abroad at Edinburgh, I'll start now with slightly changes on this blog.

No worries, I'll keep on inspiring you with vegetarian and vegan recipes and pictures.
I'll also keep on informing you about foodsharing activities and entertaining facts about my life.

But what will change, is the language. I'll try my best for my international fan base, to post from now on everything I do in English.
And there might be more innovation changes in the close future!

So be curious and stay up to date here :-)


Today I'm gonna present you a dish I cooked, or basically baked yesterday.
The ingredients are a mix of rescued and bought food.

As Food Sharing Edinburgh is still developing, I found another, quite similar start up, fighting
food waste. They use an app, called "Olio", which you can download for free and where you can
sign up for food collections at different business, in this area mainly Pret a Manger and Soderbergs,
after you have done a little test.

So I got this huge amount of Sandwiches and Salads from my last collection at Pret. Although I have
managed to share a lot of food with other people via the app, at the Food Sharing Hub in the Shrub Coop
and to homeless people on the street, I still had some salads left.


As I didn't feel like eating any more salad, I just decided to seperate the ingredients and make
something new out of it.

So I made one night fries with guacamole from the avocados, and I used some peas and beans for
a curry and I created also this Baked Sweet Potatoes, which use the peas, mint and feta cheese from
the salads. So I just baught the sweet potatoes.

And here is the recipe :-)

Vegetarian Baked Sweet Potatoe with Peas, Mint and Feta Cheese


Ingredients for 2 people:
3-4 medium sized Sweet Potatoes
2 cups Peas (fresh or frozen)
1 bundle fresh Mint
200g Feta Cheese
2-3 tbsp Olive Oil
Pepper & Salt
Thyme (fresh or dried)

Preperation:
Preheat your oven to 200°C.
Cut the sweet potatoes lengthwise into two halfs. 
If they don't lie straight, just cut a little piece of the bottom of, this will enjure your peas
stick on top of the sweet potatoes later. 
But the sweet potatoes in a large baking dish.
Drizzle the sweet potatoes with the oil and season with some salt and thyme.
Bake in the oven for about 30-40 minutes or until they are done and soft inside.

In the meanwhile chop the mint leaves into small pieces and mix them with the peas.

Take the sweet potatoes out of the oven. Arrange the peas on top of every sweet potato half.
Then crumble the feta cheese over every sweet potato.
Season again with salt and pepper.

Now bake the sweet potatoes for another 10-15 minutes or until the feta cheese gets slightly brown
and crispy.

Take the sweet potatoes out of the oven and serve.


I served them with some wakame salad and cooked quinoa, but feel free to add some other salad
and sauces.

Enjoy!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen