I love Cupcakes

I love Cupcakes

Mittwoch, 19. August 2015

Bilder vom 19.08.2015: Franchia Vegan Cafè in New York

First night in New York City was a full success!
I caught up with William, who I found through the Vegan Facebook Group of New York, for dinner at a vegan cafè, called Franchia, close to my hotel in Manhattan.


And it was great!
We had a nice chat, which was very interesting for both of us I guess, as William grew up in NY and told me something about living in this busy city and other vegan places to go.
The food tasted excellent too!
They serve mainly Korean or at least Asian food.
Well okay, the plates were very small for the high price, but the quality was good, no very good!, though. And all vegan!

We ordered:

Spicy Rice Cake Sticks with Vegan Scallops and Vegetables

I especially liked the Rice Cakes, which we had also with the mushrooms later on.
The Scallops were interesting, but to be honest, didn't taste like real scallops at all. But they were not bad either, just something tasty ;-)

Spicy Chicken Teriyaki Roll & Tropical Mango Avocado Crabmeat Roll



Spicy Buffalo Wings



Stuffed Shiitake & Button Mushroom in Red Wine Sauce

This was actually a dish were we both could have eaten a whole bowl from, they were soooooooo delicious. I definitely need to make them on my own back home!

Black Sweet Rice and Coconut Pudding & Soy Cheesecake


I send you all my best wishes from New York City and I'll report about more vegan places here soon ;-)





1 Kommentar: